Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013


Hello Family y Amigos.

Well another pday is here! Wow, time flies on a mission, I LOVE my mission. and I love Spanish too! One of the coolest things ever is to speak a different language. Ok let's see what happened this week.


My new area is great, it's A LOT bigger than my old area. So we have to cover a lot more ground. But I was afraid that my Spanish would start going down, so I just tried to find anyone and everyone that speaks it. We were crossing the street and I see a Mexican lady, so I chase her down.. haha and I talk to her telling her that I am a missionary and that I have been here for about a month and I really would love to practice my Spanish with her, so she said yes! So I talked to her a little bit and we asked if we could pass by her house again to talk more with her...she said...YES. Haha but she didn't just say yes she told to come over NOW. So we did, taught the first lessons, gave her a blessing, from there we taught her every day now,  so it's been 3 days and have taught her 3 lessons. And we have a tour of the chapel to give her on Tuesday! So cool! I am so pumped, one thing I have learned here on the mission. The Lord gives you want you want, if you are looking for it. I was looking for a way to make sure I was speaking Spanish and BOOM! I got it. Awesome.

Also, so we have these two really cool investigators named Maria and Irma. We taught a lesson with them and it was fantastic, I was literally speaking Spanish for over an hour! Because now that I have a white companion, I need to speak a lot more and I LOVE THAT! And this lesson I was seriously understanding and saying everything that I wanted to say, and I could understand all that they were saying. They were asking tons of questions and I understood them! Gosh I love Spanish!!

Now in my mission I live in a 4 man! Which means, it's 4 elders in one apartment. LOVE THIS. Haha, it's so so so fun. Because the other elders are so great and so wonderful.

Today, we are going over to Compton and go golfing hahaha, should be super fun. But yeah other than that all is going great! I love to be here and all it going well.

Also, I don't know if a lot of people know this but in my english class up at college, a kid got my same call but a transfer after me. Well now he is here and in my district being trained by Elder Koolmann, COOL! Haha it's cool to look at him and see where I was 6 weeks ago and how much you learn so fast!

Love it, and I love yall so much!

Also here in my new address:

16221 Cornuta #30
Bellflower CA 90806

BYE!

Elder Schooff 

Sabicho! Best food ever.

Sabicho

No comments:

Post a Comment