Monday, April 1, 2013

Hello fam!

Wow! What's up?! How is it going?! I LOVE to hear from all yall and to hear all about your awesome stories.

Well, let's see. This week has been good. Just super busy serving the Lord! Haha, I am truly finding a love for this work especially when you see it helping people's lives. This gospel is such a gospel of PURE JOY and when people see that it's so fantastic. I LOVE it.

Let me just first off say, thank you all for the mail. I ADORE getting mail. It's the best. and thank you sooooo much for the packages. The food is amazing and dad...STOTCHAROOS!!! YUM!! Haha, Auntie thank you soo much for the package too, I named the little chickin pollito (little chickin). Ash you are the best, your package was amazing and again, food is the best gift you can get on a mission!! Granny thank you soo much for the letter and the "extra help" inside, I did what you said and got a nice Easter bunny, and it helped with my laundry :)

So yeah let's see, a really cool experience this week. I have a couple. 

It was Thursday and Thursday on a mission means weekly planning with your comp. Which personally I love this part of the week! We were doing good, talking about what we can do for our area and who we need to teach. I decided we need to find more members to give us referrals, because fellowshipping is a HUGE help in the ward. So we decided to pray. 

As we prayed we asked for guidance on who to go and visit. A name popped into my head. It is a Hermano in our ward, he is basically the only person I really know in the ward by name (because Spanish names are hard to remember!) haha, But yeah it kept popping up in my head, I thought it was just me over thinking it because I knew he was like the only name I knew. But I just had a feeling that he was who we needed to go see! I told my companion but he said we can't because he isn't in our area, but I dunno I just really felt like we couldn't leave it there. So I checked the ward directory to see where he lives...and it turns out that he moved into our ward 1 month ago!! It was soooo cool! So we visited him that night, and got three referrals  Woot woot! haha, It really just showed me that the Lord does tell us where we need to go, and we need to act on all spiritual experiences! 

Another cool thing is a contact I had in the street this week. It was this old lady and her freind, and well basically it was soooo cool! Because we just had a really spiritual contact in the middle of the street, got both of them crying and I had the inspiration to ask them to get baptized. I built up the courage and kinda just said it near the end of the contact..and she said yes!! It was soo cool, but then we found out she doesn't live in our area, so now she is going to other missionaires in another area. Cool!

So yeah, everything here is going great, I have never rode a bike so much in my entire life. haha, But it's good, the weather is beautiful too. I'm loving it. 

I kinda forgot yesterday was Easter...haha for some reason I thought it was next Sunday! haha, so yeah it was a really good day. 

My Spanish is slowly getting better, I am starting to understand people A LOT better now. It's so cool. Like this morning I had a full on conversation with a lady in the store for like 10 minutes in Spanish! It was so rad! It's still dificult but it's all about patience. LOVE IT! 

I AM SOOO EXCITED for Conference.  I cannot wait, and we get to watch all of them here. So that will be awesome! Man I love it. 

Ok, well fam and friends. I love yall sooo much! Keep praying for me and I always pray for you! Always BYB :)

Love Elder Schooff

Making Tortillas
Buer and Kulhmann 
Study!
My bike.
Art in the street
Back of house
House
Fig tree

No comments:

Post a Comment