Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013


OK!!

Wow, sooo this week has been mind blowing, a lot is about to happen in the mission. Well at least for me. Well I'll just come out and say it...I'm getting split trained. haha, (Bryson you know what that means?) haha, So yeah it turns out that President doesn't think my trainer is the "doing what he should do". So yeah it's very interesting and I now have a new companion. haha So yes that all happens tomorrow. Don't worry about me y'all! The reason I am getting split trained is because my trainer just wasn't doing the things he should have been doing, so he had a visit with the President and this is what President thinks is best. SO yeah! Cool I guess! I'm excited!

Also, we have to move, they found out our neighbors are weed dealers and we can't be too close to that...they keep thinking we are cops haha. It's awesome, so we are moving to a 4 man (an apartment with 4 people living in it) haha YAY! They are soo cool, and I am being moved to a new location in Cerritos, I was 2D but now 2A. So cool! Same district and all but yeah. I don't know what is going to happen with my old companion at all. 

This week was FILLED with service, we did Helping Hands and helped the library with sorting books, (random huh?) haha super fun and a great way to tell them what we are all about- especially because they see us here in the library so much! Now we have a really good relationship with them. :) 

So something that was kinda sketchy this week, we were driving to district meeting this week with Elder Burns and Koolman, and there is this HUGE line of cars, crazy long line. It took us 40 minutes to go a half a mile. Because they were doing random road closures to check for illegals. Scary. We saw a little place to get out and show your ID and scan fingerprints, and a little JAIL in the middle of a parking lot with people about to be sent back to Mexico. It was really sad actually. Luckily I had my ID...

Spanish is AWESOME!!! I love to speak it, and it's becoming natural now, and for the most part I can understand most of what is going on. Like 70%...sometimes, haha sometimes I have NO idea what people are saying, but other times it's like I have been speaking it forever! It's funny. I love it and I love how the spirit really guides you to know what to say. Sometimes I just open my mouth and the words really do come to me. I LOVE IT! 

Also, we had a really cool lesson with the people in the trailer park. AND they commited to baptism, super cool. That is when I really fell in love with Spanish I think. I know I am here now in California to speak Spanish! It's a beautiful thing to learn a language! Love it so much. 

Tampico is the best drink in the whole wide world- it fuels missionaries here. LOVE IT

So the one (of many things) I love here, is the fruit trees, literally we are walking around and we are like "oh tengo hambre" and boom, a trees with some lemons or oranges or tangerines are there. Super cool, my favorite is Nisperos. Super cool and really flavorfull!! 

Also, it's really interesting, EVERYONE in the OneWays has inflatable bouncy houses (like the kind that Micheal Scott wanted to jump off the roof onto) for their kids...I was always curious why, and now I found out. haha It's so their parents can have their kids in there while they drink...sad. But yeah everyone has them. 

Fam fam, I love you. I need some hair gel, Dad you know where to find it! haha We are going back to the swap meet today and I will try to get yall shirts maybe! Love yall! I'll write to all separately! 

Love you all and have a great.week! 

Elder Schooff. 












No comments:

Post a Comment