Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013


Hello Mundo.

Sup! Ok, so wow. This week has been great. It's crazy to me that again, it's already Pday! Wow. haha, Ok, it's so crazy to me that I am here and I have been here for a while now, it's cool to see all my other friends who write me that are just starting the MTC or stuff like that wow! Haha

Thank you all for your wonderful letters, I love to receive them! And Auntie- YES! Thank you so much for sending all those pictures, it's funny to see it in Instagram form and who all likes them and stuff. haha. I would of course love for you to keep doing that! I love to have pictures that I can hold and stuff, show other people my AWESOME family. And Granny, thanks for the card and the help too, haha I love those little quotes you send, I like to glue them into my planner and stuff so I always have them with me. Ash and Bryson thanks for the package for the gift of tongues haha so, so cute and we have a lot of fun with the sour spray :) Dad- thanks for the cookies and other stuff, they all got here perfectly! Not one broke! Wow! haha.

So this week something really funny happened. haha, So in our ward we have 10 missionaries! 10!! And it's really hard for us to get dinners at night from the ward, so our investigator told us she would LOVE to feed us and asked us to PLEASE come back on the 4th of May. haha So we did, we planned and awesome lesson and we were so pumped to go over there. Well, we go over and there are like 50 cars at her house and yeah we walked in and it was a HUGE Cinco de Mayo party. So yeah, haha our lesson got canceled. But the party was funny :) haha Some live band was there and it was a grand ol time.

One thing I have really learned is that God will give you what you want. Truly, if we are doing all we can to follow Him and strive to do our best. All is well :) And yeah, we really needed to find more people to teach this week. So we decided to go to another trailer park. And lo and behold, we got THREE new people to teach in 30 minutes. It was so cool and a powerful experience, and now we are teaching this mother and her son. So we go over there 2 days ago, to talk with the son and see what he wants out of us, and it was crazy. This random guy I have never seen before what there standing watching us talk with this son. And as we are bearing our testimony about God and this church, he started freaking out on us. Saying that there is no God and it's all a lie, trying to tell the son that it's all a hoax. Turns out this guy freaking out on us, was a member 20 years ago, served a mission and married in the temple but completely dropped it all because he didn't like his bishop...Satan is always there yall.. haha, but it didn't even matter, because we just bore our testimony of the power of the Holy Ghost and the son told us that he really wants to learn a lot more! It was such an eye opener for me to know that this work it true! Satan is working to break us down, but it doesn't work! So cool.

Haha, well I hope that all made sense. But yeah, so how is all back at home? Good I hope and can see, it's weird to think at this moment last year, I was about to graduate and my biggest problem was an assembly and speaking at Graduation. haha, Crazy to think how much life takes off AFTER high school. I have done so much and met so many people!

Well also, Mothers Day is coming up! You know for me, I just want to thank all the people that have really taken my mom's shoes and helped so much to raise me to be the young man I am today. I love you all so much, I miss my mom like crazy but I know she is so proud of me, most of all I want to thank my amazing sisters. I love you Ash and Kait so much :) Yall have always been there for me since day 1 and I never forget that! I see so much of Mom in you and I KNOW she is proud of you girls! Love yall!

Well until next week! Love yall!

Elder Schooff 












No comments:

Post a Comment