Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

Hello! 

How is it going family? I hope you all have a great day today! How is everyone doing? It's crazy how the time FLIES on a mission, cool! 

Well to start out, ok...

So last week I told you Buena Park, well! I got to go back to Buena Park this week! I love that area so much, it's like my home! I LOVE IT! 

I went back because Hmo Luna chose to get baptized and he asked me to baptize him! I was SO happy! So, so happy when Hma Luna called me and told me. I heard the phone ring and saw the number and recognized it who it was right away! Got their number memorized! Haha, I anwered and Hma Luna screamed and said, "Elder Schooff, Mi Hijo Adaptado!!" haha it was so funny! That means my adopted son, she told me Hmo or Brother Luna was going to be baptized on Saturday. I love that family so so much! They truly are like a second family to me, and just to think how much of a blessing it is to talk with them and in a different language! So cool! She told me that he was going to be baptized (this was last week). Well Tuesday rolls around and she calls me and says, "Elder Schooff sorry but the baptism has been canceled, it's postoned for 2 weeks." We talked for a bit and then said I will figure out if I can go. I was soooo sad and I don't  think I have ever prayed harder for anyone else! Well Saturday rolls around and then in the morning I get a call from them, I answer wondering why she is calling, it was the coolest thing ever, we talked for a bit and then I asked why she was calling and she said "Porque HOY yo los voy a ver," which means, because today I'll see you guys! I freaked out and she told me that baptism was back on!
So Elder Creasy and I went back and got to see the whole ward and baptize Hmo Luna, it was pure joy! I had a blast.

I was so blessed to go down there. 

I can't wait for General Conference, I implore all of you to pay Extra Attention this time, how blessed are we to have a prophet talk to us! 

This week is also transfers, and...I'm staying!! and I have a new companion coming in named Elder Beyer, he seems pretty cool! Young in the mission I think which is cool! I'm excited! 

Well family I love you so much! Have a great week!
Elder Schooff



No comments:

Post a Comment