Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014

Well hello family!! 

Oh ok well let's start out! 

This week was gnarly! So gnarly, like I can't explain it how awesome it was. 

We had a lot of fun but it was a little different, we woke up on Tuesday and were like super itchy, so that was weird and it kept happening all morning, then onto Wednesday and we looked at our legs and they were COVERED in bites, like imagine mosquito bites up the wazoo on your legs, probably like a good 150 of them all over our legs. So we called the nurse to see what's up, she told us to get down and see her ASAP! So we went to the office and she gave us this cream because we thought it was poison ivy, so we tried that until Thursday. But on Friday morning it was still spreading up our legs, the bites. So we called again! She told us to come to the office again and show her, after being there for a bit and talking and showing our legs to the whole office staff we came to the conclusion that it was either bed bugs or flees...yeah! What the?? So they gave us this gnarly spray grenade thing to bomb our apartment and we had to stay out of the house for a whole day. And now we are all better! Ha it was gnarly! 
   
Spiritual side, our recent convert Bryan is the best, he LOVES to come out with us and has the strongest testimony and now wants to serve a mission too. It's so cool, when he speaks he truly does know that his decision to be baptized was the best thing ever for him, we have seen such a change in him! He is simply the best! 
   
Well it's been a super cool week, and as a district we have been doing so good! We have been truly focusing on 100 percent obedience! Like to a tee! Down to the ways we sit and even text our members, just everything. The whole zone has been pushing for it! And I LOVE IT! I have a super strong testimony it is so important! The spirit is not with us when we aren't doing what the Lord wants us to do, we will not receive the needed blessings even if just one things is off. It's so important. I think of Christ: Christ chose to come and do to the Father's will, in the pre-mortal life, he signed up in a way, just like how we signed up to be missionaries and signed up saying we will be 100 obedient to the rules of the mission. Then Christ came here and did just that, and as He says in Luke 22; 42, "Never the less, THY WILL BE DONE." Christ knew that sometimes it's hard, He asked for the cup to be passed because it was hard, but still...he did what the Father wanted, because it's how we do it; God's way, not ours. Same with us, when it gets hard, we have to remember we signed up for it! Go all the way, 100%. We are here to do the will of the Father, not our own will. I have a strong testimony of going all the way until the will of the Father is done, and I can look back on my mission and pray to Heavenly Father at the end and truly tell Him, that yes...I did his will, I tried the very best I could. 

I hope you all can apply that to your lives, remember we are here for a reason. All of us and we need to do what the Lord wants us to do, it is the way to happiness. 

I love you all and I'll talk to you soon! 
Elder Schooff




No comments:

Post a Comment