Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014 Paparazzi!

Hello family! 

This week was truly a life-changing and testimony-growing experience for me and wow did we do a lot! 

Let's start out,

This week I went on exchanges a lot!  I got to be with Elder creasy my hijo! It was fun, we had a really good exchange, he expressed to me that he really wanted to just find a super solid investigator! So we prayed a pleaded with the Lord that someone will hear our message! Well that night we found them: the coolest person ever who saw the Book of Mormon a long time ago in her grandpa's house and has always wondered where is was from, and she is soo excited to read! 

I also went on exchanges with another elder, Elder Peterson, he is a boss elder! Literally I loved to learn from him! It was fun and I brought him to my area! So cool, we had a mission changing experience
we were outside and contacting walking to our next appointment and we saw a guy sitting down looking pretty bummed. So we talked to him and actually taught him the whole first lesson, and would you believe it...his name was Joseph. You could literally see that he NEEDED this gospel, he looked like he was searching for something and this was it! His whole figure changed as we were talking to him, but something happened...

I grew a strong testimony of chapter 8 of 1 Nephi or also, the Tree of Life vision. I saw it from a first person view...

As it says in verse 11, Lehi partook. I have partaken of the gospel and it's pure joy and love and awesomeness, and just as Lehi desired I want to share the gospel too! I beckoned this Joseph to partake.
As you go along in the chapter it talks about how people fought through mists of darkness to get there clinging on to the Iron Rod! 

At first that was Joseph, he wanted this so bad! You could see it! It was his one chance to grab on and follow the right path and find joy! 

But as it says in verse 25...the people were ashamed...and in 26-28 it talks about the great and spacious building and they pointed and laughed, all because people felt joy, it wasn't the "cool" thing to do...
Right as we were about to end this awesome powerful lesson, Joseph's aunt comes up and his cousins and start laughing and pointing at him and us, taking pictures. And truly mocking... it was the saddest thing I have ever seen. 

Then as you go on in the chapter the people fall away, and never come back...they lost their opportunity of eternal joy! All because of pressure and mocking! 

It happened all right before my eyes, literally the people and things of this world mocked us and a man who wanted to find truth.

It was so hard to see! So hard, like I didn't care that some random person mocked me and Elder Peterson! I already have the gospel, I know already what true joy feels like! No one can take that away! I already know! 

...but Joseph didn't and I have never wanted to plead with some one and tell them just for 5 seconds forget everything else and remember the feeling you have when you partake of the gospel! It was so hard to see him have it and turn away from it! 

Like Lehi says in verse 37, he pleaded with his sons to take partake and be faithful! I learned so much from this experience. That truly every one of us is a son or daughter of God! And we need to know! 
I learned so much! 

Well yeah, I dunno I just love my mission! So so so much! I have learned so much and I know this work is true...it brings everlasting love and happiness! I love my mission and I love all of y'all! 

I pray that all of you still take part of the gospel and NEVER let go! It only brings sadness! 


I love you family! 
Elder schooff

No comments:

Post a Comment