Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

hello family!

 This is the best time of my life, I love my mission. 

This week was awesome, and we had General Conference, it was like Christmas morning here for us! Like, we got to hear a Prophet of God, speak to us! 

I have tons of favorite talks, and I heard a ton of the people speak about Paul so I decided I am going to start studying the life of Paul! I'm excited.

The one talk by Gary E Stevenson was awesome, about the 4 minutes of life theme and how the Olympics tied to the Plan of Salvation, it's so true! Sometimes I wonder if we even have enough time in this world to gain experience! It's a short life, very good talk! 

I loved the talk by Linda S Reeves too! About the importance of FHE and family prayer, that stuff is VITAL for a child growing up, especially prayer, it's so simple but sometimes we overthink it and I we think it's too hard! We need to always make time to converse with God as a family. 

Overall, I think my favorite part was the one line that Elder Packer said, he said it softly where I don't think a lot of people heard it but it hit my heart hard! 
He said, "Somethings in life can't be taught, but they can only be learned." 
Wow. I know right, deepest saying ever. It's so true, like relating that to my mission, the things I learn here CAN NOT be taught, but can only be learned like patience, love, charity, maturity, leadership and so much more! You can only learn these things out here. God truly does love us.

I love what Pres Eyering talked about to be a spiritual hero, so cool, I have tons of those in my life...the biggest one, DAD! You are a spiritual giant and I was thinking of you the entire time he was speaking. 

As a missionary is so important that we be examples to all. To young missionaries, to our comps our ward and everyone, so they can look to us as an example. Cool! 

When I get home...let's do a family tree gathering like that one sister talked about! How cool would that be?? Just saying. 

Simply enough family, remember that the little things don't matter, the things that are of worth to God should be of worth to us too, nothing else. I have learned that. 

I'm going ham right now on trying to memorize a scripture everyday, and it's going good! I love one in Corinthians 13:11 
When i was a child, 
I spake like a child, 
I understood as a child, 
I thought as a child.
When I became a man...I put away ALL childish things. 

Missions make us men of God! That's what I am still studying too, the attributes of a man of God! 

Have a great week yall! 
Elder Schooff

No comments:

Post a Comment