Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2104

Hello all, this week was pretty awesome and JAMMED PACKED. 

Let me just start out and explain, this transfer is only a 5 week transfer, so one week less than usual, also I have 9 people in my district, I have to go on 7 exchanges, that means I am away from my companion for a whole week of the transfer, so thats like only a month with a companion! What the hay! Crazy,

   So this week I went on two exchanges, and it was fun! I went with some awesome elders, sometimes I feel like the elders in my district are way better and I feel like I am not teaching them anything and all I am doing is learning when I'm on the exchange, so cool! I heard a cool quote at out last leadership training, "A true leader makes the people they serve better than themselves." Sick.

Well I went on exchanges, and I realized how lucky I am to be a missionary, truly! We taught a lesson to this new investigator from the other elders, he is about 50 with a daughter and a grandson, this (I am pretty sure) is only the second time the elders have ever passed by and I just happened to be there due to the exchange. This is why a mission is a unique experience, this lady just lets us in, made us a TON of amazing food, invites us in, trusts us completely and  right off the bat just tells us all about her life, to two 19 year old boys, she told us her whole life story and some very personal things about her that like are so personal. To basically strangers off the street that asked to talk to her, us! A mission is a unique experience that you will get nowhere else, I was really thinking about why this lady and so many times in my mission people have just trusted the elders, I realized it's because we have been ordained to do this! The Power of God is real! Recently a returned missionary came to visit the mission, and he just told us how jealous of us he was, and we asked why, he said because we get to talk to who ever we want and as he passed them on the street he realizied after his mission you can't just do that, preach the gospel, salvation of souls are in your hands as an elder! It's so true and people feel the spirit as we come in! So cool! I LOVE being a missionary. I dunno if I even explained that, but just know that I am so blessed here. 

We had another really cool miracle happen this week, we again went by another less active that hasn't been passed by for more than 7 years and we talked to her, and it was awesome. Her name is yanira! She is super nice and she said that 4 days before we came by, she was praying super hard for someone to come and help cause she felt lost, then we came by! The Lord prepares people and never forgets anyone!

This week in District Meeting we talked about the importance of setting Baptismal dates, and how we just have to be bold as ask! So me and my Comp prayed to be an example to the District and the next morning we prayed to find NEW people to find who are ready for Bap. We went out at 11am and by 12am, one hour later, we found two new investigators and set 2 baptism dates with them...so sick! The Lord provides! 

Also...when I was on exchanges I broke another elder's bike....yeah the most embarrassing thing ever...just saying. 

Love yall!
Elder Schooff 



No comments:

Post a Comment