Hello, guess what...this week was Easter!
The reason I am writing on a Tuesday is because our Pday was changed to a Tuesday so we could go to temple this morning!
The Rose Hill thing was so interesting, Rose Hills is the GIGANTIC cemetary, I'm pretty sure it's the biggest one in America if not, at least in Western America! It's huge and every Easter they sponsor a donation fund and ask tons of clergies to come in and tons of Pastors and Bishops and Pastors and Our stake President was asked to be the main speaker. It was a very cool thing to see all the faith in Christ come together y be grateful for what He has done for us. Our Stake President and his talk was amazing, after the whole thing was done, so many people came up to us and asked us who he was and if they could listen to his Services, it was a great missionary vibe and we got tons of peoples info to go by! The English elders are going to be super busy! haha
The gospel is a beautiful thing, I love it. My companion was sharing something with me that really got me thinking and I want to share it with yall.
Light, is marvelous. When the darker dark is, the better it is to see how amazing is light and how bright it can shine! When it's darker, it's easier to recognize and see light as it appears, we look forward to it! It's proven that being in a super dark room for too long is bad, your eyes start to literally "search for light"... and it is so hard on your eyes that you make yourself go blind searching so much....THE SAME APPLIES TO THE GOSPEL.
I believe that God knows what He is doing. There is reason for hardship and pain and trails in the life, I believe that maybe they are there so we can see the "Light" a little easier when it's there. It's that way with the church people find something they didn't know they were looking for. Their eyes were searching for the light when they have never seen light before. And when they see it...it shines! So cool! God is good.
I love my time here in CA, I'm grateful for the moments of trial and obstacles. It make us see the light a little more!
Truly Christ is the Light, as He has said:
"I am the alight of the world: he that followeth me shall not bwalk in cdarkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8;12
"I am the alight of the world: he that followeth me shall not bwalk in cdarkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8;12
I love you all so much, have a great week!
Elder Schooff



No comments:
Post a Comment