OK!
Get ready for a gnarly email, literally one of the most insane weeks of my entire life. That involves hospitals, cars on fire, trees falling on people and members of my ward...well passing away, new companions and new wards and yeah...just get ready. It's been a gnarly week.
Let's start out, this week on Tuesday, I was with Elder Brock and both of our Zone leaders Elder George y Elder Benson were very sick. One more than the other, I was supposed to go on splits with them on Tuesday in the night time, but they had to cancel because they were so sick, Wednesday morning comes and one is still super sick, George.
I stay with him for the morning while the other elders go to the office to pick up the mail and do zone leaders stuff. And when they get back it all gets worse. Elder George was having a super rough time and couldn't even stand, he was throwing up and was very light headed and was non coherent. So we called the mission nurse, she told us to go to a walk-in medical. We go and Elder George throws up in the car, we get there and they tell us to get to the ER as fast as we can...So we do. We get there and it's a 3 HOUR wait! Like what the hay now??? It's an ER, and it was still getting worse, we go into the bathroom and give him a blessing and about 1 hour into the ER, it's getting worse until a nurse sees that and she rushes to go get more doctors, the rush him into the hospital and get an IV in him ASAP! So he is in, but the hospital was overflowing with patients and he was in a bed in the hall, at this time it's about 10pm, and our mission President is on his way. He gets there and tells Elder Brock and I to leave and Elder Benson to stay, he stayed there the whole night, the next day (the 30th, my year mark) was Zone meeting. So I had to go with our other DL, and run Zone meeting while Elder Benson and Brock were at the hospital. We all took shifts at the hospital with him while the other two left and got stuff done. Well Friday comes and he still is in the same condition so his parents fly out, and now they are his companions. Just this morning he was transferred up to UCLA medical to see what it is, for a while they thought it was bacterial meningitis so we all had to wear protective suits and masks and in a room that was basically closed off. But they ruled that out and now it's unknown what he has, that's why he is going to UCLA. BUT we saw him last night and he is doing SOOO good! Like he can now talk again and crack jokes and stuff he is just super tired and weak. The whole mission had prayed for him and he is doing great.
So now, I am in a trio. Yes with two Spanish elders and 1 English, we cover both wards and both areas, and we have two cars :) So 2 areas, 2 languages, 3 elders, 2 apartments, 2 wards and tons of fun! Haha, But it's different! But good, the Lord had already blessed us too much! We all are so happy and getting better and better everyday!
Oh yeah, the car on fire, when the sisters had their baptism this week, one of the cars was like blowing up and on fire! And was gnarly so I got to break a fire extinguisher glass and rush out and use it! I felt SOOO cool! haha, So then fire guys came and took care of it!
Also, one of the best members in the whole ward was killed this week, it is very sad and the whole ward is sad. The funeral will be held soon, but we love and miss him. How grateful I am for the Plan of Salvation!
This morning we went to the temple, it was well needed! But man do I love that place to much!
Well all, this is going to be so fun, this week should be interesting, I went to a English ward and I haven't been for over a year! And...it's different than Spanish, I'm used to Spanish members! haha.
Well I love y'all and I'll talk to y'all later!
Elder Schooff
No comments:
Post a Comment