Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014

Hello family! How are y'all doing today?? Good to hear! Well, let's start out.

This week was so, so, so awesome. Remember our investigator Katia, well...she isn't an investigator anymore...she is a recent convert! Yup, that's right. She got baptized yesterday! Truly one of the coolest baptisms ever. The whole ward was just a huge help! So cool! She was so ready and she told us that she has never felt the spirit so strong, she just started to cry. So cool! I am so happy for her, she is one of the strongest members and converts I have ever met! Well, we worked really hard with her and she is such an awesome example to her family, they soon will follow in her footsteps...

So I guess the whitewash in the area was a success! We have tons of investigators and tons of success coming up!

BUT! Guess what....transfers are this Tuesday...and, and, and!!! I'm....GOING! Haha I know right! They put me here to start and then to whitewash it, we had success and I guess that's all I am needed here for! I'm super happy for this next transfers, like SO SO happy! I'm going to Whittier West Zone, I'll be the DL there and have a pretty big District, I'm back up training an Elder too. So that will be cool. But oh man am I so pumped! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Cerritos, but here and Buena Park are the only places I know so I am looking forward to a new area! Sick!

It's been super fun having a trio with two areas and two languages and just yeah its been sooo fun! It's kept me going! I love it! I love the whole zone I am in, but it'll be cool to go up to Whittier because all the elders that I know are up there. And my little hijo Elder Creasey is too! He is in my district!

But yeah, so yesterday was awesome with the baptism and everything, but also...one year ago to the day, I was told in the MTC to write a letter to myself and open it one year later. Saying where I am and also of what I want to be in one year. Well it's been one year and man does time fly! So cool to read like myself one year ago, I have changed so, so, so much! Only for the better, my biggest fear a year ago was  Spanish and also to not be so sarcastic hahaha, and well both aren't an issue anymore! So cool! So I wrote another letter for next year too!

Well in all I am so, so, so happy right now. I love my mission and I am losing myself in the work!

I love y'all so much and I will let you know what happens next week! Love y'all!

Elder Schooff

No comments:

Post a Comment