Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014

Hello y'all! 

Well I hope your week was all fun and dandy, I had a blast here! It was a long and great week! Like a really awesome time with TONS packed in and tons of miracles. 

To start out...I'm in my new area. Rio Hondo, it's awesome and tons of potential to be amazing! I mean...we had a baptism yesterday! haha Yup that's right it was so sweet! A miracle from God! 
This area hasn't had a Baptism in a while and E Cuello and I (my new companion) really wanted to change that. He has been out for 2 transfers. We got on our knees and pleaded with the Lord and we knew that God is expecting us to have success together. So we are going to! 

Well, we went straight to the area book, the area book...well let's just say needed some work! So we went to the formers and picked out one that have been taught everything but for some reason didn't get baptized! We saw Bryan's paper. His sister was baptized and Mom but after they were baptized in October the missionaries stopped teaching Bryan because at the moment he didn't want to get baptized. We well we went over on Tuesday and asked if he would have a lesson with us, so we got to know him a little bit and it was all good. But we decided to ask if he would have a lesson with is IN the Church building Thursday. He said yes. So Thursday comes and we meet him there and we bring an awesome member so fellowship him, it was perfect! We had the lesson IN the chapel and it was super powerful and we just asked him what HE wants of God, and he just flooded out with his needs. We addressed them all and asked if he would get baptized on March 2nd. He said yes to baptism but no to the 2nd...he asked us if he could be baptized this Sunday (yesterday)!! So cool! We arranged everything and he was baptized yesterday! It was a powerful baptism! So cool! The ward did great to support him! 

I have a strong testimony on Area Books, they are the reason why missionary work is still flowing! I know The Lord never forgets about the people that choose to listen to his message! So cool! 

I am happy here in this new area, I'm super sad also to leave my old area right after Katia was baptized but I heard she is doing great, she got the spirit yesterday and she even invited her friend to church...she is going to serve a mission! haha So cool! I LOVE MY MISSION! 

This week has been a big one for me and I feel that this transfer is going to change me a lot, for the better. I have been studying the Christ Like Attributes a lot! And I have made it my goal to BE LIKE CHRIST, in the way I do everything. To the way I speak, sit, listen, smile and even text on the phone. I've really tried so hard this week to be the best me! And I have felt to the spirit so strong, were the littlest things just make me so happy! I feel my burdens being lifted! I love it so much. 

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week! 

Elder Schooff
Byan is this week
Katia is my convert last week


No comments:

Post a Comment