Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014

Hello family! 

This week has been full of excitement, but it's great, and I loved every moment! 

Well, this week was so fun, as y'all know it's been fun with the trio that we are in, and the members are helping us a lot, basically every night we have either a Spanish or an English member with us so we can split up and work in both the areas at the same time. So basically for the night time one of us has a member as a companion! And it's super fun! Like sooooo fun, the members are just the best. 

We had a good week just getting into it again, and the missionary work has NOT stopped! It's only been progressing, the Lord has provided! 

This week at zone meeting I gave a cool training on Church Tours and how that will make our investigators become Progressing Investigators! It was cool and everyone basically had one!
Well we had one with our Investigator Katia! She is so cool and has the strongest testimony of the Book of Mormon and the Prophet! So we asked her if before Sunday she would like to see the church and get to be there privately! She said yes! 

Well the day of the Tour comes, and it was set for 1pm, and at about 130 she still wasn't there so we gave her a call, and she said she was parked on the side of the road with car problems, so we decided to go and help her, we went there and some miracle happened and we fixed the car...i have no idea how! (nice try adversary! Ha) haha so she followed us to the church! 

We do the whole church tour and show her the font and all the rooms and she loved it all! So much, so then we show her the chapel last, and we go in and talk about how it's a dedicated room for the power to receive revelation, we asked her what type of revelation she would want to receive from God, she said, "When I should get baptized'!! it was soo powerful, so we all knelt down and prayed, she said the prayer and she just started to cry. She said that her whole life going to her church with her mom she never got the same feelings, she said that being in that chapel was a way "she never felt before" and she knew God was answering her prayer, so we gave her some time to pray personally and by the end of it she told us she want to get baptized this next Sunday the 16th, how cool! Man I love my mission and the Spirit! So powerful! I know the church building really is a set apart building! It's so powerful to just sit in the chapel alone! 

We still have to teach her a lot and get her ready but with faith and her determination it will happen! 
This whole week has been awesome! And I loved it all, transfers are this week and it should be good, I have literally no idea what will happen, but come what may and love it! 

I love my mission and all my family so much, someone asked me the other day if it was hard to leave home and now that I think of it..no. haha I ONLY have 1 year left...like that's so sad! I love you all and I can't wait to see y'all again, don't get me wrong! I really just has a true deep love for my mission and the people I serve, I love Spanish and I LOVE the culture. I went to a white ward last week and it was hard honestly! I have gotten so used to Spanish everything! haha Oh well I love you all so much! I love this gospel! 

Elder Schooff

No comments:

Post a Comment