Hello family!
This week has been BOMB!
Let's start it out, ok. So just FYI yes, it is now one year since I started my mission, weird and I do not like to talk about it..it's going by too fast!
This week on Tuesday we got a call from someone freaking out on the phone yelling at us, telling us his friend was in a coma and that he need elders there ASAP at the hospital to give a blessing, so we went. As you all know, I do not like hospitals. So I was scared, but the Lord helped me. We got there and it was in the ICU and super sad, the man we gave a blessing to was said to probably be in a coma for a LONG time and it didn't look to good for him, it was a sad thing to see. But we gave him a blessing, Elder Brock gave the coolest and one of the most powerful blessings I have heard in a long time. It was sad, because as we were giving a blessing, the people around us (nurses and doctors) just did their thing, it's like they didn't even think about a God or if there is a God. But this experience gave me a testimony that the priesthood is real an like Elder Holland says we need to be ready to use it in all places and times. We got the news that he woke up from the coma last night.
This week we also went to the Anaheim mission office cause my companion had a doctors appointment there. So that was cool, Caden you'll be there soon. haha!
Also, last night, we had dinner at our ward mission leader's house, and we arrives a tad early like 10 minutes, we get out of the car and there was a woman whose arm was broken and she ran up to us and asked for our help. We tried and came to the conclusion that the car was 100% wrecked on the inside. Our ward mission leader offered that she eat with us! She accepted and while at dinner trying to figure out what she would do, she told us that she was praying like never before in her car right before it broke that she would find "help." Then we park and her car breaks, she expressed that she wants to find truth and her friends all have their own churches but don't know which one to go to! It was so cool! My WML took her home and the missionaries in LA area getting ahold of her! The Lord is awesome!
This week I have realized I need to purify myself, to be more in tune with the spirit in all things, like it says in Helaman 3:35 and in DC 50:29, those are the definitions of purification. It's when the Lord trusts us to give us what we need and want. To pray and fast and to have true joy! I love it, I love my mission!
No comments:
Post a Comment