Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013

Hello family! 

How are y'all doing!? Well let me just first off say that I love my mission and I love this area too. We had the opportunity to have another baptism yesterday. With the family that we have been working on, the Mother has a baptismal date for next week, she is a little iffy but i think she will do it. 
I have realized the power of a wonderful testimony, That's one thing that our Mission President, Pres Tew, has told us to take VERY seriously. He is an amazing president. I can tell there is a reason that he is my president. I love the times in my mission when we just contact on the street and bear a very small but powerful testimony. It really helps me more than I think anyone knows. I have been really trying to push myself harder and harder everyday to make sure I will always be the missionary that I need to be, and I love the ability to be that missionary speaking Spanish too. 

So Ash, as you told me last week to look out for an Elder Jensen, well he is in my district! haha He is the coolest guy ever! I'm not training him, but I had the opportunity to go on splits with him this week twice. And we really wanted to make sure he has a normal start to his mission, unlike me! haha So I took him to a park and we contacted for a while, he has great Spanish and he will be a leader in this mission one day! 

It's crazy to think that I am now done with 6 months of my mission, I have done soo much! And I really now have seen how much progression that I have made. It's weird to think that like one day I'll hit a year and then on! It's weird, I have been waiting so long to serve my mission and now I'm here! And it's slowly going away, it's sad in a way! That's why I will never take advantage of even one of the days of my mission! I love it! 

How is everyone else doing?! I hope all is well with everyone. But I am fine, more than fine. I have grown a testimony that trials are for a reason, God trusts us and that's why we have them, we NEED them to make our life interesting and to make us grow. I have seen trials in my mission, but with these trials come miracles. we just have to open up our mind and see them. Like Elder Utchdorf says, "It would do us some good to slow down and look around and see the good." I love that! 
That's what I am doing right now, love life. 

Well I love you mission!  And I love you all! 

Elder Schooff! 




No comments:

Post a Comment