Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 1, 2013

Hello hello hello hello! 

Well, hello family and friends! How are you all doing today? Cooool. Well this week truly was such an amazing week! I loved every minute! So great. We just had tons of success and it was fantastic. Well, we had a baptism yesterday too! For our investigator, she is LEGIT! We found her 3 weeks ago! And we started teaching her only 12, on the 18th. Wow. That is amazing, she truly was ready for this gospel and the Lord was putting her in place to prepare. It's a pretty cool story, we were knocking one morning and had NO success so we tried knocking in an apt complex, but hers is super hard to get into. But luckily right as we were passing by, a car was leaving and the gate opened, so we sneakily snuck in. ha. And we decided to start at the end. Well it was her door, the first one we knocked on! And she answered and said, "Oh I know yall, I talked with yall like 10 years ago, but then the missionaries left and never came back!" So we were like uhhh ok! Well, can we talk with you more? And at first she said no because the old elders that spoke with her spoke Spanish and they were cool, we told her that we spoke Spanish too! Haha and then we set an apointment with her next week and told her to come to church and she did! She is so legit! Haha so we taught her everything in 12 days and had the most powerful lessons with her over this last little bit. It came down to this last Thursday and her interview was on Friday. She basically told us that she wasn't ready because she didn't know if Joseph Smith was a prophet and Thomas Monson too. So she kinda wanted to postpone it. We were pretty bummed to say the least. Because it was sad. We really felt like the 30th was her date! We prayed about it and everything, so we went to dinner and told the other elders what was happening. Elder Sudweeks (he came out with me) thought that we should just go on a night split and talk with her, so he and I went back to her house that night and watched the Restoration Video  about Joseph Smith. It was so powerful, I  love that movie so much! And after we just testified to her, it was truly the most powerful lesson ever! And Elder Sudweeks said something really cool, "The people that think about baptism the most and say they aren't ready...those are the ones that are." It's so true, and what's crazy is that we taught her all about Joseph Smith all on the anniversary of his marder too, the 27th of June. She was really, really thinking about it! And it turns out that she knew she was ready, it was so powerful. So, so powerful. I LOVE MY MISSION! haha, and we had the interview this last Friday and the baptism yesterday! She asked me to do it, and of course I said yes! haha. 

That was so fun to baptize her. It was so so spiritual and great. My first time, and I was super nervous but really excited, I remember just getting into the font and doing it, but after I remember just standing there about to change and just had the most wonderful feeling of peace. And thought about a lot of things, especially Mom. I miss Mom so much and think about her always. Being on a mission I really do my best to make her proud. I love my mission. 

Well that's awesome, I love yall so much and I'll talk to you next week! Woot woot! Another baptism next week too! cool! 

Love y'all 
Elder Schooff

Hey also we have a new President this week, cool. We talk to him on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment