Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013

FAM FAM! 

Hello all, this is has been a wonderful week of wonderful experiences and I love it! It's been a great week full of personal revelation! Coooool! 

So let's see, we are still working super hard this time of year with member, and one of my personal revelations was that I am sick of riding my bike at nighttime the the freezing cold weather. No I'm just joking. But really, so we decided to have members out with us EVERY NIGHT! Set appointments or not. From usually 6:30 to 8:30 we get members to drive us around and not just members but less actives too! It has had HUGE success! Like no joke, every night we have had SO many lessons. It's funny to see the Lord has..like...pity on us when the members are with us! They are really having tons of spiritual experiences!  On top of that we asked the members to share their experience with the Priesthood on Sundays, that was super successful too! 

Like one of the members we brought out was actually really cool. He is named Roberto and he is from Cuba, I LOVE this guy! The English elders knocked into the house he lives in. He rents out a room from a lady named Loordes. We can't go into the house cause Loordes does not like any type of religion so we sat outside with him. The reason she like no churches is because her son was very religious and he died 15 years ago and then 2 years ago her husband died too, so she was left alone. She does not believe that God would allow someone to be "alone". But we talked with Roberto  So we went by on Saturday and it turns out He was baptized 20 years ago and hasn't been to church for about 5 years. He came to church on Sunday and we asked if he would want to come out with us on the next Saturday and he said Claro!! haha So we met at the church and we went out for 2 hours with him and all of our appointments fell through that WE had planned, but the Lord had a different plan for us! We went by the Family Luna, out recent converts and talked to them and had a really spiritual lesson about the Spirit. Hma Luna told us some SUPER cool stuff and it made Roberto bear his testimony about the church. We left, and as we were driving in his car with him back to the church we told us that he hasn't felt the spirit is so long and he was "eternally" grateful to the church and us for bringing him out. The next day at church he acted on his prompting and brought the lady (Loordes) that he rents the room out to church with him and she LOVED it! So now we are teaching her and about eternal families! So cool, member work is the best! I love it! I need to write this is my journal! haha, Don't worry I write in my journal all the time! 

The members with us brought a ton of success! And the result was 10 people at church this last week! Man, that's a lot in this mission! Is was so glorious to see so! I love it!

My companion is the best and I love him to death, everyday I am learning new things from him. 
I love my mission and I love to see the man I am becoming in the day and age. I love this place so much! 

Well family I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week! 
Elder Schooff 







No comments:

Post a Comment