Hello,
well this week has been so fun, and I love my mission! This week has been super good.
Well so start out this Wednesday is..CHRISTMAS! Yay! haha I love this time of the year so much and I would be nowhere else but right here in CA enjoying the 74 degree weather. :) haha. Man it's just tooo good here! I love it!
We are all excited to see what happens that day, and we even get to talk to y'all family!! I can't wait. I'll let you know when I can call and talk.
So this week, we again really focused on members coming out with us. We had a member with us last Tuesday night but last minute he canceled. But for the lesson we had set we NEEDED a member! So we were calling EVERYONE! But no one could go short notice, we at least called 20 people or more. But no one could, then we thought of a convert that is the brother-in-law of the familia Sepulveda! We bring Hmo Sepulveda out with us all the time and he is SOO good to bring out with us, he could go out that night but we decided to ask Martin the son-in-law. He was baptized three years ago and told us he only went out with missionaries once before and that was three years ago! So we had to bring him out! The lesson we went to was PERFECT! He was just the man to come! haha, And after he asked for pamphlets of the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation to share with his family! How cool is that!! He is the best member missionary ever!
On another note...we had a baptism this week! Yay! haha, It was a blast. He name is Viri, she was a member referral from a recent convert. She is actually a miracle, we invited Gena, the recent convert, to a member with us to a lesson and she by chance brought Viri. The lesson fell through but we just decided to have a little lesson with them and to see how they are doing. We committed them to pray. 2 days later Gena texted us saying that Viri did it and now she wants to talk to us. We had another lesson with her and it was powerful. We started teaching her on the 7th of December, and I was on splits with Elder Wilson that day as we started to teach her. That day we committed her to baptism on the 21st. We KNEW that day was for her. We got to meet with them a lot in between and near the end she told us that she wasn't ready or was scared to be baptized. They also told us that they are going out of town on the 22nd, until the 2nd of January. We leave the 31st of this month. We were super bummed because we KNEW that the 21st was her day. So during weekly planning this last Thursday we decided to call and set up an appointment to just say our goodbyes I guess you could say. But on the phone we felt inspired to say, "So Viri you ready for your baptism this Saturday?" and what do you know, after some talking she told us, Ok! So we had the last lesson with her and then the interview and she was baptized on the 21st and confirmed yesterday and yes!! It's so cool! It was awesome. As some of you know, the 21st of December is a very significant day for me, well one I went through the temple one year ago on that date, and also mom passed away on the day in 2001. How great the Lord is to me to bless me with joyous memories on that day to look back on. Knowing that I got to see a baptism happen and someone make that eternal convent with God! How awesome! I love my mission!
I know this work is true and I love my mission, it's a ball. I know this work is true. The Lord is so good to me. I hope you can all remember the true meaning of Christmas: that we do have a Savior and He loves us!
Elder Schooff
Merry Christmas
No comments:
Post a Comment