Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013

Hello Family! 

OK well, what is up with all of you today this fine Monday morning? 

Let me just first out say, happy birthday to my sister that will have a birthday in three days! Woot woot! I love you so much Ash and I hope you have a great bday! I love youuu. 

Ok well this last week has flown by and wow, I feel like I just wrote home yesterday to y'all. Where does time go on a mission? 

Also, I am in the Cerritos library right now, where I started my mission because the internet was down in Cypruss so we had to come here. Man the memories are flooding in! No joke! ahhh, I love my mission!

But anyways like I was saying yes, this week went by too fast, and know I only have two more here in Cypruss with the BP3rd ward! Ahh so sad. This ward is like my family! I love them all so much. 
We had the opportunity to just have a good talk with bishop this last week and man do I have the most upright respect for Obispo Becerra. He is the bomb. I love the guy so much, he is sooo sad to see the ward have to split the split and see LB leave the ward. He just told us how proud of us he was, he really is a great bishop and runs the ward so smoothly. You know you have a good bishop when the ward is doing its job, when people are home teaching, when callings are being fulfilled and the ward is overall excited! Man he is the best.

We had some really cool things happen this last week with some really powerful lessons, we had a lesson with one of our investigators this week that was a member referral. Y we have been teaching her a lot! We committed her to pray about baptism and she told us her answer the next lesson. She told she was nervous to be baptized and didn't know 100 percent if or when, but when she did pray she felt and "weird but good feeling". So we were in the church building and we asked if you would pray and feel that feeling again with the question of should I get baptized, would she do it?? She told yes if I felt the same way, so we told her to pray right then and there. To go into the chapel and pray and she did! She came out and told us, "I know I need to be baptized, I just don't know when." It was sooo cool to hear her say that! I was sooo happy! No joke! So now we are working with her on the date! Coool! 

We have a whole family that is investigating the church right now and the whole family has come to church for the last two weeks! They are so prepared and I love them all so much, the wife told us she wants the Holy Ghost with her forever to protect her family! We are working sooo hard to help them.
So yesterday we met with the Anaheim mission. That's right Caden, I met your Mission President and a bunch of your future Zone Leaders! haha But we met with them with all of our mission presidency and the APs, and also us. We helped them rearrange the borders of the areas showed them the area book and told them basically just about the whole area. It was fun! Our area will actually stay the exact same, pretty cool. This meeting helped a lot to let me know the area will be well taken care of! The elders seemed like really good workers who will take over the area. We even get to go on splits with them when we want to so we can show them the area. It's pretty sweet. Going on splits with someone from another mission! haha Cool. 

We have a ward Christmas party this week and a zone Christmas meeting! 

Well I love you all soo much I know this work is true, I also know we cant do it with out LOVE. It's the thing that makes missionaries keep going, LOVE is necessary. I love that, I love my mission, I love the Lord and I love my family! Ok bye!!! 

Elder Schooff

No comments:

Post a Comment