Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 7, 2013

Hello there! 

Family! It is so good to be here again, it's insane how this mission is so so so fast. It's kinda sad to think.

Well let's just start out on how awesome Conference was! Seriously here in the mission, it's like christmas morning! So so so fun. We went over to a member's house in the morning and made some nice breakfast sandwiches and had a really good 10 hours of hearing from the prophets! So cool. 

I think my favorite one was the talk from Bednar about tithing, he threw down on us! It showed the true meaning of tithing and what it really means. 

Also Elder Packer's was so good about the family being sealed and also Elder Funk, I feel like Nam and Nampa might know him, is that true?

Ok well also this week we had a pretty cool miracle happen! We found this woman named Otalia. She was a referral a LONG time ago from the English elders, they told us that she talked to missionaries in Mexico and wanted a Book of Mormon. Well...that's what they thought she said, get this...she was BAPTIZED in Mexico 27 years ago and even went to the temple! Like what?! And when she moved here, she kinda forgot about it all. She couldn't find a job and the church and life just weighed down on her shoulders. But now, we are trying to find her records in Mexico. It's just hard because she can't remember anything! But it was a pretty cool story about how the Lord will never forget about anyone, even if we forget about Him sometimes.

So this week was transfers also. Like I predicted all is the same with my area, a few changed in the zone a district but I'm staying here in BP for another one finishing training! Woot woot! 
It was been a weird week, it really makes you love the time you have to have lessons, we had 2 days full of meetings on Saturday and Sunday and now p-day here. so really sometimes when all that is going on you have to fight to be out on the streets! It makes you appreciate it so much more! 

Cool.

Well family that is really it right now, I'm  really excited for this transfer and the things we have in store! I love you all so much and let me know if I can do anything for y'all! 

Elder Schooff 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment