Hello Family!
How are y'all doing?! I just love this time of day for so many reasons. It's great. But let's see, also...I LOVE my mission. It's so funny and crazy to see how much you have to grow up and do the Will of the Lord. I love to be here serving God, Like what?! I'm helping God! How cool is that?! Even though I'm here trying to help Him, He is helping me more than I can even understand. haha, Sorry for that little rant but I love my mission.
This week has been good, I will not lie it has been one of the tougher weeks of my mission. Only because we are not having the same success that we were having as we did last transfer. BUT, I know that this happens.
One thing I have really seen in this area is the love the members have for us, the missionaries. They will do anything to help us. It's so cool to see how much they love us. They will drop everything they are doing just to help us! Anything, like one time we called a member to come to a lesson and she came, then later we found out she canceled her doctors apt to come! We were stunned! Like I wouldn't even think about that! And she canceled it just to come to a lesson...that fell through. I was so overcome for love for the culture and these people. White people aren't as nice, I was on splits with the Zone Leader the other day and I was in an English area, and they are harsh people. They will just outspokenly be mean to you, I don't think I could handle it! So I LOVE Spanish too.
Well, this last week also, I finally got to see the famous Queen Mary! haha, And the Donut shops here are AMAZING and so cheep, Bryson did you ever get them!? Like the Cambodian donuts?
Also some good news, but in a weird way. Our investigator, the mom of the two children we had baptized, now has a baptism date!! But, its on November 3rd. haha, So we are happy and she does have a legit reason for that time too, her mom was completely against her getting baptized but as time went on she warmed up, her mom lives in Mexico and our investigator called her one day and said that we wants to be baptized and the mom said OK, and I'll say the opening prayer at your baptism. So the mom is flying out in November to come.
But now we are working with the Dad, so he will be able to baptize his wife! How cool would that be! The wife said she would LOVE that too. We will have to see what happens.
Well family! I love you oh so much. Brad! Congrats on your marriage! That's so cool and I'm so happy for you, best wishes to y'all! Are you still going to BYUI?! AKA the best place in the world? haha Congrats!
Well see y'all soon!
Much love,
Elder Schooff



No comments:
Post a Comment