Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013

Ok well another fun filled week on my mission! It's been a blast!
Let's start out with the craziness of what has happened! Well, on Tuesday we had something really interesting happen, we had an emergency transfer in my district. Our DL had to be transferred and he was with Jensen (the one Ashley knows) so now Elder Jensen is with another elder who has been out for 9 weeks, haha Yeah they are both so young in the mission! It's insane! Also just FYI next Pday I am going to the temple and it's on a Tuesday! Cool! I cannot wait!! I LOVE the temple, so so amazing.
We have had a pretty good week here, a TON of meetings with the whole mission. I love our Mission President, he truly was called here for a reason. I actually called him for an interview this last week and he was so willing and it was wonderful to just talk with him, and him listen to me, and what has just been going on. He really cares about all the missionaries in the whole mission and he really knows what he is doing.
We had a pretty good amount of success, and had some really cool new investigators! We really cracked down on finding and what would be good for that. We have really been trying just to really include in our service as missionaries, less active work and feed my sheep. And I have wonderful success.
This last week the ward was SO close to splitting! So close, but it didn't, it came within hours of splitting. It's because in our ward right now there are two missions. Anaheim and Long Beach missionaries, 6 on our side and 6 on theres. And our President and their new President don't like that, so they tried to figure it out and make it two branches instead. But it didn't happen, which I am glad about because the the ward shouldn't change for the mission, the mission should change for the ward. So whether Anaheim takes us or we take them I dunno, but it's going to happen soon. Dang.
Ok well, it's been a great week and I LOVED all y'alls emails and letters, thank you so much for all y'alls love! I'll talk to you again on next Tuesday!
Elder Schooff



No comments:

Post a Comment