Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013

Ok well family!

Ok, wow...so yeah this week was insane. First to start off, about those fires...haha I got a call on Tuesday about them, Sister Bubert called me and let me know. When she told me I really didn't know how to react, haha. Like I was sad or nervous or happy or sad. It was weird. But yeah, kind of right there I realized something, I can either freak out about this and whine and worry and not focus and stress, or I can realize that the Lord is there. That there really was nothing I could do until now and find out about it, and remember why I am a missionary and focus on that. I tried to do the second one! haha and it was such a blessing, it's true what they say. When you are having a hard time...serve someone else! We worked hard this week and had amazing numbers and a baptism! So so cool! It's so cool how when you really put your trust in the Lord, do His will. He will bless you and your family! DC 31 really applied to me this week about putting in a hard days work and really giving it your all and your family will be blessed. Cooool.

But yeah it was awesome! Also Granny thanks for the awesome package, love the shirt! Gotta represent VA! haha, I love to get mail! Thank you to all that send me some! Love it! 

This week we had our last interview with President Bubert. He leaves in like 10 days or something, so we all had exit interviews with him. I really have grown to love that man, and respect him as a person so much. He has had a lot on his plate as a President, but he handled it well! My respect goes out to him! We had just a really good talk and were able to talk about everything that has happened and what is going on, later he just sent me a really cool, simple text saying, "Thank you my good friend, you are trusted and an outstanding missionary, thank you for all have you done Elder Schooff." That hit me hard when I got that, he is legit! I love that guy! haha I am going to miss him, it will be interesting to see what happens with president Tew.

So this last week we had a Baptism! Yay! It was for our investigator who is 13 years old, well his whole family are investigators. They were all originally going to be baptized yesterday, but last minute they all backed out except the son. They are still investigators but they said they just want to be sure. It was kind of a bummer but I am grateful for their son showing his family an example - we are going to work with them really hard this next week! We have some really promising investigators right now and all should be well coming up, doing work!

It's been a good, hard week! I love you all so much family, thank you for the updates.

Dadv- I need to say how much I love you. Happy Father's Day and Birthday! You are the best father a son could have. Truly know that! You are such an example to me but also to so many others. I am so blessed to have a leader in my family like you that worthily holds the Priesthood. You are doing great and keep "trekin" haha (cause you just went on the trek)

OK well family I love you! Until next week! Hope all stays well in Colorado!

Love you,
Elder Schooff





No comments:

Post a Comment