Thursday, February 7, 2013

YOMO!!! You Only Mission Once


FAMILY!!!!

(My pdays are in Thursdays just FYI) Wow, hello there. Ok so the MTC (or the CCM en Espanol)  is so awesome! I love it here! The first day I got here was crazy. I went to lunch with Bob and Roxy and it was so nice of them to do that! I loved it! We went to Applebees and it was a grand ol' time! haha, I was super nervous so I didn't eat that much...hahaha. But when I got the the MTC things were Rolling!!! Got to my room and met my zone and my companion! His name is Elder Allred and he is great! He actually is friends with Ammon, my roomate from BYUI! Small world here in the MTC!! haha, We didnt even have time to unpack and we went to class!! We thought we were all hot stuff cause we were new missionaries and stuff...but no! It's so hard! hahaha, We went and taught some investiagtos the first days and we got shut down SOOOOO hard! hahah, So we had to really rethink ourselves and really understand that this won't be easy, but well worth it! My zone is awesome! They are all so spiritual guys with the greatest personalities! I love them so much! 

There are a couple things that I didnt know about the MTC that I wish I knew before I came here! So for you future missionaries out there....I'm going to kinda tell you what to expect/prepare for, or what you need to do to be ready.
1) Bring shower sandals....the floors in the bathroom are nasty, at least the men's shower rooms.
2) Get ready for long fun days with LOTS of work!
3) If you think that you sit in class all day with a teacher for 8 hours you are wrong, the MTC is all about teach yourselfs or learning with your comp. It basically is about 3 hours aday with a teacher and 10 of studying by yourself! It's awesome!
4) Bring food, you get hungry at night.
5) KNOW THE DOCTRINE, I read the BOM right before I came here and I am SOOOOOO glad I did.
6) UNDERSTAND Preach My Gospel, I cannot stress this enough, I wish I  really studied it and understood it better before I came here! You are expected to have read it!
7) Don't try to wake up early before your mission. Doesn't matter. You will be so tired here that when 10:30 hits you are so excited for sleep!
8) ALWAYS SMILE! Even if you are having a horrible day, ALWAYS SMILE! Don't ever let yourself get discouraged.
9) THIS IS SOOOO IMPORTANT!!!!!!!! Have pics of your family/friends.(hint hint thanks Ash!)  Everyone wants to know about your past life. And make sure you have an address book, not just emails. Actual addresses...this is one thing I wish I did.
10) Just be ready! The MTC is great! And you are going to meet so many great people here and always have the spirit! So amazing!

I never really understood what the role of the spirit was until I got here. It helps with everything! Del don del lenguas es verdadero (the gift of tongues is true)! We have our first investigator and his name is Dorotoe. He lives in Mexico and has been to many churches but does not know which to join. My first day was last Wednesday and we started teaching on Thursday...in Spanish! hahah So crazy and so awesome! Wow. So yeah is was a lot of the time really quiet and awkward but the spririt was there. When we bore our testimonies (in Spanish) the gift of tongues helped a lot! I didn't know what I said, but Doroteo said he felt the spirit and wanted us to come back. Now we have him commited to praying vocalmente todos los dias and he reads the BOM every day. (I would recommend everyone reads that book :) )

Yo amo le CCM. It is so great and I love being on my mission! I love just fully diving into this gospel and being as happy as can be! Yeah I'm tired all the time, but it doesn't even matter cause I am happy! Just FYI I leave for LBC on the 12th of March! And we get an new Mission pres in June! And also I have my realase date, it's January 13th 2015! haha Cool huh!

Enough about me, how are all you??!?!?!?! I am pretty mad at mi familia! hahahaha, I haven't even recieved a letter from any of you!!! :( :( Except from you Ash ;) hahah Thanks for the food....sooooo good!!!

Email kinda sucks at the MTC, I can only do it every Thursday for 30 minutes, so dearelder.com me instead! I get the letters the next day you send them. Also I really want all of your actual addresses so I can send you real letters!! If you just want to dearelder.com me those that would be great.

Anyways my time is up! I love you all so much! And I can't wait to hear from you! (Dad please go over my grammar cause it sucks. I am thinking in Spanish and English so yeah, I'm kinda tripped up!)

Love you all! I'll send some pics a little later!!
Love Jayson!

No comments:

Post a Comment