Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hellllllllllooooooo World!


Hellllllllllooooooo World!

What's up with all of y'all?!?! This week flew by!! Wow I can't believe it is already Pday again! What in the Heck?! Again today, we went to the temple this morning and got celestial breakfast. :) That is the breakfast in the temple in the cafeteria there, and wow it is soooo good! And it is super cheap too.

For the rest of the day I don't have too much going on. Write a couple of letters, read out of Our Heritage (great book) and do laundry! Also...let me just tell y'all I LOVE DOING LAUNDRY here...weird huh! Considering how much I hated it at home! haha But here is...fun?!?! 

This last week we received another district with 7 elders and 4 hermanas. About 600 total come in this week- so not as crowded as last week! The new guys are pretty cool but it's just so crazy to think that that was only me 3 weeks ago! Next week we get to host, that means we get to go up to the car for the new missionaries and grab their bags and help them settle into the MTC! It should be fun! I honestly can't wait!

Spanish is coming slowly but ever so surely! I really am glad for the struggle of it, it will make it just that more worth it to go and share the gospel with people in their native tongue! Cool to think of.
There is a gnarly sickness going on here that has been here for WEEKS! Everyone has their cycle of sickness, I was sick last week - before me this girl in the district and now my companion is sick!! It's like a wildfire here!

Also...my flight plans should be here next Thursday, is that not insane to think about?! We get them next week and then from there, we actually go to the field!! WAHWOO!! I can't wait to get there, don't get me wrong. I LOVE THE MTC but I want to really get out there and share this gospel with everyone that I come in contact with!

I would just like to thank you all soooo much for the letters and dearelders y'all keep sending me! I LOVE getting them and I have tried to write you all back, but snail mail is pretty slow! Just remember that I love you all!

On Tuesday Harper-Smith and Shipp left to go on their missions. Man I love those guys! They were my ZL's and did so much to welcome me into the zone. It was great, we woke up at 3:30 to go send them off. Sad but looking forward to the future to see them all again! They are going to do great things!
What happened with the POPE?! I heard something about that yesterday?!?! Didn't it happen like a week ago?! I guess that just shows how busy we really are here!

I was asked to give a "shoutout" to my good friend Casey Nixon- so if youre reading this I love you.... :) haha and thanks for the office updates. ;) Have they done anything about the camera crew yet in the show?!

Thanks all for the Valentine stuff! So nice of you peeps! I feel so loved. :)

I wanna know where y'all are getting your mission calls, let me know! I heard about Tanner's and Greg's! Sounds fun y'all! Tanner, Russia fits you perfectly!!

Ash- When are you due exactly again?! Is it on the 11th or 12th, if it is the 11th I could maybe call y'all from the airport and talk to you about the new baby boy!! Decided on a name yet? :) WoW I am sooo excited for you!! Ahhhhh send me more pics, I love the pics you email me :) But i cant download them and print them off, I can see them just not enlarge them cause you you aren't allowed to download things on these Comps. Can you send me more physical copies of pics, of the fam or whatever! Especially Ava!!! I love that little bean, how is she doing?! Glad to hear your new house is in order and all is going well!! That backyard is HUGE!!!!

Kait- Sup. hahah, getting ready for Costa Rica?! I told everyone that you are a dental hygenist and you gave me my tooth brush for free and they were all freaking out! I don't know why...haha so yeah I feel sooo cool. Hows the world out in VA?! Good I hope! Love YOU and write me!!! Make sure you send me pics of your trip, printed out pics!

Dad- howz it?! What the SNOW!?! That seems like a blast blowing the snow, if I was there I probs would have helped ;) haha jk. It's snowing here too. Also I love hearing you are doing well! I think for the first time ever I might have gotten up earlier than you. I got up at 5:30 today... actaully wait no..that's probably not true. Dang. You get up sooo early always! I dare you to sleep in till like 8:30 one day. Do it for me Paps. ;) hahahha Good luck on your talk dad! All those points you sent me sound great! Check out D:C 122 or something, the last two verses are awesome for a motivational boost to know you can do it!

Becky- those pics are crazy! Wow that is a lot of snow. Thanks for sending them. Was is hard to find the mini horses, cause the snow looks about as tall as they are. ;) haha! How is work going? I bet you are excited for the summer to go riding! Misty getting more confident? Have fun!

This last week Dad, when you sent me that letter it really hit me hard. especially at the end, you said, "Time's flying...make the most of the day...Don't dilly dally." That for some reason hit me soooo hard! I'm taking your advise to heart. This last week was super crazy and I didn't know where to go with it; what to study, what to teach, or where to start?! But I had faith it would get better and when you said that it was exactly what I needed to hear! Thank you for that! I am going HAM always now!!

Well all I love you! Keep writing me :) I'll talk to you next week!  "A mission isn't a sacrifce, it's a blessing waiting to be received."

Elder Schooff


Stick to Your Task  

Stick to your task, 'till it sticks to you. 
Beginners are many, but enders are few. 
Honor, power, place, and praise  
Will always come to the one who stays. 

Stick to your task, 'till it sticks to you.  
Grin at it, sweat at it, smile at it too. 
For out of the grin, and the sweat, and the smile  
Will come life's victories after awhile.
The district
The district
Elder Taylor and I
Every week when someone leaves we do a temple walk and they give us their leaving advice (that is the district who left on the bench).
My two ZLs Shipp and Harper-Smith
My whole zone

Me and Harper-Smith
Shipp and I

Me and Elder Read, or (leer) he is going to Toast's mission! 

No comments:

Post a Comment