Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014 - Blitz, Being Taught and Allergies

Hellooooooo Family! 

How are y'all today? So good to hear. Cool. 

Well, this week is packed and I almost have no time to email due to the holiday. But here we go! 
One, I am staying in LB with Elder Calle! We are sooo pumped and it's going to be fun, we have a stacked zone this upcoming 7 week transfer with some really really good elders coming in. What's crazy is that Elder Calle and I came out in the mission together. We are the same age. But now he has to go home a bit early to get up to college, so this is his last transfer. I'm killing someone that is the same age as me in the mission. Uhhhh! Crazy. We are going to work hard! We have some great zone goals and visions coming up! 

This week we had a really good lesson with our Recent Convert, again, she is the most solid member ever. She does not give up or give in to anything. We have taught her everything and now...she is teaching us! haha, We told her to prepare a lesson to teach us about the importance of reading the scriptures. It was a very good lesson! It actually got pretty deep too! haha, But she really had a great lesson plan for her and we are on it to try to get her a Preach My Gospel so she can start to come out with us and teach other people too! I love recent converts! 

We had a really cool miracle this week, (what week do we not see miracles??). There was a companionship that is struggling in their area and haven't found in quite a long time. They were feeling pretty discouraged.  As we counseled with their DL on what to do to help, we decided that  a good ol' Blitz was need in their area. This blitz was a little different than normal, we told everyone we were not aloud to stop until we found! We broke it up into areas within the area,  wrote down some formers in the individual areas and we went ham. The elders gave on one street to work on, it was pretty Hispanic and we knew we could find!....So we started out. We parked the car and started walking down the street. But we felt, "incomplete" and we knew we need to be guided by the Spirit and the way to get the Spirit is through prayer. So we prayed to be guided by the Spirit.

We started walking down the street and were contacting everyone we saw. All people were rejecting us. So we went to the first former and they were not there. Now, I'm not the one to knock. But in  a struggling area, sometimes it's the best to do. We looked around and we saw a door asked God if it was right and knocked on it. A young man walks out and has about 0% interest in what we were saying so we ask him who he would now that would. haha, He gave us a half hearted answer saying, "I'll go get my mom." Let me tell you, the mother, or Beatriz, was the most prepared person we could have taught in that blitz. We sat down with her and had one of thee most powerful 1st lessons ever, by the end of it she was crying asking to get baptized. I KNOW the Lord answers prayers. If there is one thing I have learned on my mission, it is that. He will lead every time in the right direction if it is aligned with His will. I have learned that faith is number one in the gospel of Jesus Christ for a reason. "In the gospel of Jesus Christ fear is the opposite of faith. If you have fear, faith diminishes. But if you have faith, fear diminishes." I know that is true.

Speaking of faith, I'm allergic to Green Tomatoes. haha, And when I eat them my lips swell and I get a massive headache and if it's a lot....throw up! Cooool. Well this week we ate with someone and gave us posole (some awesome soup). It was chalk full of Green Tomatoes. My comp told the family and they looked at me and said "Elder, tenga fe, coma la comida." So we said a prayer and put special blessings on me and I swallowed up my fear and ate. Yeah, I thought it was crazy...but hey! Nothing happened. I think it was the faith of the family more than mine :) haha.     
    
Well family! Have a great week! 
Elder Schooff 


No comments:

Post a Comment