Ok, I'm going to crank this out! Here we go!
This week was great, so so much stuff was done it was ridiculous. With exchanges and all the craziness that is going on. It's hard to all put in words.
Well this week we had two exchanges, the first one I went to Samoan land again, and fortunately we didnt have a dinner! Haha, it was a great exchange. That area was suffering hardcore, they work off pure member referrals and they haven't found in a good 4 months...We started out the exchange with a prayer asking for help! And boom 1 hour later we found 2 new Samoan investigators! They are awesome. Sometimes I wonder how the Lord blesses so much. Crazy. While I was on exchanges in that area, my companion Elder Calle, he found 10 new investigators in one exchange. It was insane! That kid is an animal. haha, I love him!
On the other exchange I was with a younger who is a superstar! He is a boss, and we stayed in my area. We switched right before dinner and we wanted to have a killer time. So we said a prayer and asked God to bless us with "unique' success. That is could be more that just something that is a cool pump up for us, but more so for a real soul to save. We told ourselves that we were going to contact every person we saw. EVERYONE! We went ham, and finally got the the house we were trying to get to (a member referral). We knock on the door and a man shouts out of the the unlit, dark house, "si...diga, DIGA!" which means, Say it, SAY IT! I think we woke him up, so we asked him where the member referral lives and left. As we were walking away we had a little scolding in our head, we just said that we would talk to everyone and we didn't present ourselves to that man in the dark doorway. So we went back and knocked on his door to tell him who we were! He stood up and came to the door we asked if he had about 20 min where we could introduce ourselves and the next thing we knew..we taught a whole lesson and set a baptism date with him. But that's just part of the miracle. We then proceed to leave and ask him if he knew where the woman lived that we were looking for (the member referral) and he pointed to the house next door. So we passed by and knocked on the door. It was not the member referral but it was another golden person ready for the gospel! Turns out, it was a whole other family ready for the gospel. We got to sit down with the whole family and teach them. Right now at this time we are teaching two whole families the lessons. And one of them came to church! It was the 2nd week they came too! I love talking to people! I feel like the Lord is making sure I think of nothing else but missionary work and that's why we have to much success right now! haha
The other family we are teaching is La Familia Quintero. They are awesome, (I think I wrote about them last week, not sure though). They own a Zumba studio and it's sick! The husband is a pro MMA fighter and she is a Zumba Teacher and they have 4 kids. The husband is already a member and he gave us the referral to teach the family. We do the lessons in the Zumba Studio and it's sick! They are all so prepared. Of course there are obstacles for all of us, but they are doing their best to overcome them! They are so so ready for this gospel. We taught the Plan of Salvation on Saturday and they all got to come to church on Sunday for the 2nd time. It's pretty gnarly and we didn't know, but right after the lesson they went to Kohls and bought all white shirts and ties for all kids and a dress for the little daughter. So cool! That just shows you that they want to be there and it was perfect because yesterday was the primary program and her kids got to sit up on the stage and sing! The ward is doing great helping out!
Well, today is Mom's bday! If I am right she would have been 52 I believe. I love my mom and it was a cool experience being able to bear my testimony that the Plan of Salvation is true. I was able to tell the Quinteros that my mom had passed away but I know she is in a good place in the spirit world! i love that, I love to know that she is ok! I have learned that it's ok not to know everything in the gospel. But to just trust for more knowledge to come. So happy Bday mom!
I love you all and one day I'll see you soon!





No comments:
Post a Comment