Hello everyone!
This week we had an awesome District Meeting and we had an obstacle course involved, we were showing the lesson of extraordinary prayer plus extraordinary effort equals extraordinary faith and results! It was super fun and there were doughnuts at the ends :) haha cool! I had a lot of fun and the mission president's wife came to see too! Cool! Well, it was fun.
After that, on Friday we wanted to get the members involved and take hold of Pres. Ballard's commitment to ask and invite members to share the gospel, so we did just that and we actually got a referral from someone and their neighbor! It was awesome, it was a POWERFUL lesson and by the end of it the man, (Angel) was asking us to come back and he told us, "Elders I hope I don't disappoint you, I'll do anything to get closer to God!" He didn't know how to pray, we taught him and he prayed, it was a powerful and beautiful prayer, it wasn't amazing huge words but you could tell that God heard that man's prayer!
Saturday was the day we were waiting for, Elder Ballard came and spoke to us and it was fantastic! It was very powerful in the words he shared, we spoke of how to find and teach more! He said, "Don't be preachers of the Word, Be DOER'S of the Word!" Go out and get it done! Cool huh! haha, Then he opened it up for questions to the missionaries and it was a unique experience to talk to an apostle!
Later that day we got a call from a member in the ward that lives near us and she said she had an "emergency service job for us" and we could come in pros. haha so we went...kinda nervous. Well we get there expecting something gnarly, it was...a dead cat. Yup, she asked us to come throw away a dead cat that she killed on accident, it was a trip. hahaha.
Saturday night we had an activity and it was pretty good! And we really wanted to invite everyone! So we went out and started to contact everyone possible! Once again skateboarding came in play...haha like always, I finally know why I did it for so long...to share the gospel! haha, Well there was this kid skating in the parking lot of the church and we went and contacted him. Invited him into the church for the activity! I said if I do two kick flips he has to come in, well I did them and we talked for a little and it was a spiritual contact! But last second he chickened out and ran away. haha, But the experience taught me a lot! As we do EVERYTHING we can we will feel accomplished! No matter what the success number is! But your soul will feel light and free! Cool!
Well family I love you and have a great week!
Elder Schooff
No comments:
Post a Comment