Hola!
Well this week was fun and it's been going, it's crazy how HOT it is here, when we leave in the morning, it's usually like 102 outside...not a big deal just feels like I'm in a oven, that's all! haha
We did a lot this week, I started out with an exchange on Mon to Tues. Super good exchange, we implemented the faith to find and boom we had a miracle lesson with a really cool new investigator in that area. haha Cool!
Wednesday night we went over to the Romero's house and Hermana let US cook, it was sick, so she taught all these cool Hispanic dishes and then we ate some crazy hawt sauce and I wanted to die, so then I committed my companion to eat a ghost pepper, (the 9th hottest pepper in the world) he and my ZL said yes, so yeah, the peppers are on their way via internet! I'm excited to watch them do it...haha.
We have had some great success with our investigators Salva and Fila, they are the sweetest people ever... so humble and so nice, with a TRUE desire to be better and follow Christ. I love them, this week we taught them all about Fasting and how it can get us closer to God. And how if we pray and fast with a purpose we will recive an answer to our life trials or whatever it may be. They have some rough things they are going through so it was super important that they showed their faith and fasted. We focused hard on them and taught them a lot, even the English word of fasting, (Fila goes to our English classes haha) so they came to church on Sunday and she just LOVED the testimonies, crying and everything, it was very powerful to see, they are both awesome.
My new "goal" to say or study or whatever, is How to Have a True Change of Heart. Like President Utchdorf speaks about, we have to have the desire and then do it, so I have that desire, now I am trying to figure it out! I have already gotten so many answers to it. As it says in Alma:
And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a achangeof heart, and if ye have felt to sing the bsongof redeeming love, I would ask, ccan ye feel so now?
So cool, it's true, can we take his questions and answer it truly? It's awesome.
The Lord blesses us so much!
Last night was the departig firside and it was great! It's so crazy to see all these elders leave every transfer, many of my converts were there too and all the members from my old areas, so cool to see, I love them all! I LOVED Cyprus, that place was like my home...just saying.
Well family have a great week! I'll talk to y'all what in like 6 days????
Elder Schooff
No comments:
Post a Comment