Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014 - It's getting HAWT out here, in all types of ways.

Hello family!!!

Ok well this week was super fun and I had a really good time, I have really been trying to count my blessings as much as possible and man I totally see the blessings of it!

This week it was an average of 100 degrees or more, topping at 108 at some moments. HOT!

This last Tuesday I was on exchanges, that was a blast. We had to go down to Fountain Valley so the elders could go to a doctors appointment, my name fits me well, Schooff-er...haha get it?? Like a chauffeur.

Well that was a good exchange, Wednesday was all exchanges too, I think we had a really good spiritual time, I got to go on exchanges with my Hijo, the missionary I trained. That was a blast, it's cool to see how he has progressed an has become a better elder than me! Cool!

Well Thursday rolled around and we were all pumped, as a district we all decided to eat a habenero pepper whole after District Meeting, so funny. We all gathered in the kitchen of the church and plowed in...it was super funny, the sisters just yelled, "5..4..3..2..1..eat!!" And we did it, held up the stem to show we did it and boom. It turned into a whole zone thing and some elders were dying while some where not even fazed. Super funny, for me personally....I handled it better than I thought, but I totally shed some tears. Pretty hot.  Now we just need to find the actual ghost pepper.

On Friday, we had a really cool miracle, we were going on exchanges later that day after dinner, and we had a couple sets in the morning, or actually right at 12:30, with an older lady named Carmen, she was a referral from a street contact. So we went by, well we go by on Friday at 12:30 and she was there waiting for us! We were very surprised, and she told us that she read the pamphlet and book we left with her, (The Book of Mormon) well we were going to enter her house but we could not, there was no other man in the house, (in our mission there is a rule that we can't enter into a house unless there are 3 men over the age of 18, or three women over the age of 18) and she was alone. We told her that we would come back in 30 minutes with another person. It was very intense I feel, because all the men in the ward usually can't come out with us until the nighttime due to work schedules. So we prayed to God for help to find someone so we could teach Carmen, well 15 minutes later we got a member after trying and running around! It was awesome, it was a recent convert Bryan, who just happened to be home! Cool! We trekked on back to the house were Carmen lived and it was awesome. We started to teach her and we felt inspired to ask why she let us in and why did she want to read the pamphlet, well she told us a cool story...she is from Costa Rica but moved here when she was 20, she is now over 75. When she was 19 she was hit by a car in Costa Rica and for 6 months could not walk or move her legs. One morning she saw two men with white shirts and ties on (missionaries) pass her porch, and she yelled unto them through the window. They came up to talk to her, she asked for a prayer, they did so and then the next day returned and offered a blessing of health, they told her according to her faith she would walk. Well after the blessing, 2 days later, she could walk back to FULL recovery. 100% back to normal, she said from that point on I walked with those boys to church every Sunday until I moved here. Well, we also found out that that year she was baptized, but when moving here..she forgot about it all and got caught up in the world and things, we are trying to find her records from then to see what we can do! The Lord truly never forgets about his children!

This week was also a  BIG change in our ward, we now have a brand new Obispado and all new presidents of the ward, it's a complete change. All the members that live out of the area will slowly be needing to move to their own wards, so it'll be a slow but sure process. It was an interesting meeting! The old Obispo was an Obispo for 8 years, (that will be you dad).

It's kind of ironic because we took the new bishop out with us last week a couple of times, and now he is called! He is a boss and we are all really excited to work with him!

Also I am trying to learn to make as many cool dishes or Hispanic food, I already learned emapanadas y tambie erepas! So cool and cool toquitos! So if anyone wants to send me cool simple recipes, cool!! haha

I love you all fam! Have a good week!
Elder Schooff







No comments:

Post a Comment