Que Dice familia, Que milanesas que no visteses? Bien.
Well, this week was pretty much one of the most busy times I could get. I remember looking at the clock every morning right at 11am when we head out and saying, "How are we going to fit all that we have to do today in by 9pm?" It was una locura.
Tuesday we we able to help the family that we teach with some service, instead of eating dinner went to go help her decorate her Zumba Studio with decorations for a huge zumba party that they would have that night. For the Day of the Dead, peeps were all dressed up in crazy outfits and doing Zumba, funny thing to see! I love the Hispanic Culture. It was good to help and build a strong relationship with the family, they came to church again this week making it the 4th time. How cool! They are in line to get baptized soon.
Later in the week I had my doctor's appointment to do some lab work before I have surgery. I got my blood drawn for the first time ever. I was so proud of myself ;) haha. I have Surgery tomorrow and I'll let you know how it all went next week! I'm nervous but excited! haha. Trasero Trasero...
Later in the week we had one of the busiest exchanges of my mission. It was insane. Recently I have been praying that I can be better an dealing with problems that needed to be attended to without getting stressed out about it. This exchange was the Lord trying me on my desire haha. I was with a brand new elder and I wanted the exchange to impact him for the rest of his mission. Everything that could have gone wrong in the Zone went wrong. haha And I had to deal with it all. We were running around all over LB to deal with other elders with matters (I wish I could explain all to you but I can't) and still get to set lessons and then get to baptisms and man it was sooo much! But it was such a blessing, I can't explain to you the whole time I just had this sense of happiness behind it all, I LOVE to help others that I love. At about 5:30 at night we had to run the the church building to fill the font and then book it back up to Paramount to have a lesson at 6. Then back down to the church at 7 for the baptism. Then back up to a lesson in the nighttime and then back down to exchange back. Time was a tool we had to use, not a crutch. in the confusion of all things we got to sit down for a quick lesson at 6 with our investigator Tony and we watched some Mormon Messages on his request. We watched "What Matters Most" and I was about in tears by the end. I love that message, to just rejoice in life and not get overwhelmed but realize the small things. As Pres Uchtdorf said, "We would do well to slow down a little, focus of the significant, lift up our eyes and truly see the things that matter most!" Watching that I was so happy, I felt like I handled the whole day super well and I was proud of myself for being in that uplifting mood the whole day. I truly saw what mattered most, cool!
We got to do service as a whole zone this week, it was actually 2 zones the LBS and the LBN zone all together. so a total of 32 missionaries. We all got to help clear out and clean up an old Methodist church here in LB. The church was beautiful and I loved the service. Here in LB religion is not the most important thing on peoples' minds. But, with people who really are; they are all so united in faith. It was so humbling to see two faiths come together to help one another. The day consisted of clearing out old furniture, paining. smashing old furniture, mopping and sweeping and eating! It was a Samoan Methodist church, so of course there was food :) haha.
Later in the week after finally all was done my companion and I finally had some time to work, he and I. We went out and hit the pavement hard. Talking to everyone we saw. We went to our favorite trailer park and saw a pretty sketchy person just chilling with his hood up looking for trouble, standing on post behind his fence. So naturally we go and talk to him (talk to everyone right?). We get to talking and he starts tripping out. Just so stressed out, freaking about telling us how people are looking for him and he is looking for some crazy people. We get to talking and we asked where he thinks he is going after this life, he told us... straight to hell. It was sad to hear. So we asked if we could share with him a way to change that. With tears in his eyes, he says and yes, but he said he wanted to be appropriately behaved while talking about God. So he pulls out a gun out of his pocket and says "Let me just put this away right quick so I can listen." He put it on the side of the fence. We taught a lesson and committed him to get baptized. Wow. We will see what happens. Cool miracle.
In all I'm sooo happy, these days are truly some of the most rewarding days of my mission. I'm grateful for every moment where it's just jam packed. i love y'all and I'll see you soon.
Elder Schooff
No comments:
Post a Comment