Let me just start out by saying, I have like no time this week to email. We have like 40 elders that need to use 7 computers in 2 zones. Ok. I'll go fast!
So this week we had A LOT of spiritual experiences, some of the most powerful moments of my mission. We also had some great lessons as well.
We had a lesson with our Inv Freddy, and we brought a return missionary out with us, he served en Uruguay and he has awesome Spanish. You could tell this guy was just an amazing elder. He really loved his mission and I looked up to him a lot and was looking to learn a lot from him. Well, we had our lesson and it was great, very powerful and I thought this guy was a super good teacher. We walk out of the lesson and he looked so "distraught." This was the first time since his mission that he went out with missionaries in Spanish, the language he taught in during his mission. We ask him how the lesson went and he says super good but he said this, "Man, it's so true, the missionaries are the teachers, I'm not a missionary anymore; I don't have the authority to do this anymore. You elders really are ordained and set apart to do this." It hit me so hard, that I am ordained of God to do this, like only for 2 years. ONLY for 2 years. That's it. Then it's done and no more. It made me want to push harder in these last 4 months. I'm going hard!
Later in the week we had MLC, it was such a powerful MLC, and I learned sooo much from our Mission President and other leaders of the mission. I loved it so much. We talked about prayer and the Book of Mormon. I LOVE the Book of Mormon, and I love to pray. The training that went on really taught me that prayer shouldn't be something "half-hearted" or do it just because we have to. We need to pray with our whole hearts. I love that. We really are trying to implement the power of prayer in all that we do.
This week I really had a strong conviction that Jesus is Our Savior. I know that is true.
We had a cool lesson with our Inv Chico. He was a person that didn't even know who Christ was 4 weeks ago and the other night he prayed that we could find a job so he can start to pay tithing. Cool. The gospel changes people.
Transfers are up this next week and we find out whats happening on Friday, another MLC. I love having such a small mission that cool meeting are so easy to have. We for sure are putting more elders in the ward, up to 12 in the ward again. So it's time to draw up new boundaries and see whats going to happen.
Sorry again I don't have to much to write because I have no time! I love you all and I will talk to you next week.
I know this church has the full truth.
Elder Schooff
No comments:
Post a Comment