Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 8, 2014 - Prophets, Fireworks and Temples

HELLO FAMILY!

Hello all, this week was packed since last Monday and today we just got
back from the temple, aka the best place on earth. Cool.


Well, let's just dive in.

I went on three exchanges this week, Mon-Tue, Tue-Wed, then Thursday to
Friday. I was out of my area a TON but man it was good. I really enjoy
being with the elders that I get to serve, I have learned so much from all
of them! And on one of the exchanges, I saw some horses and some riders, so
naturally Becky I thought of you. I got a pic, sorta.


One day this week, we had an awesome lesson with our investigator Jackie, she is the
best! She is so prepared by God to live the gospel! When we had a lesson
with her this week, we talked about Prophets and about who Thomas S. Monson
is, we asked at the end of the lesson if she had any questions. She asked,
"How will I know he is a prophet of God". She said she had watched the TV
before and seen lots of people "claim" they are the true prophet of God,
and from what she had seen she was not convinced...in fact felt a STRONG
feeling that the other men on the TV were not of God, she had a really hard
time understanding why people are that way. She saw some things and some
people on TV that have claimed to be "other" prophets of "other LDS faiths"
so she was confused....we really tried hard to answer the question best,
with out putting anyone else down. So we asked her why does she keep
inviting us over, she replied because when we talk to her, the things she
hears and feels are what she needs. We explained to her that if she goes on
LDS.org and watched some videos of Thomas S. Monson, just the first one she
sees, will be the things that she needs to hear and she will feel the
Spirit as he speaks. We committed her to do as so and we ended the lesson.
Some days later we came back and before we started the lesson on Tithing with
her (which was also AWESOME) we asked her if she got to look up the Prophet
and she was excited that we asked! She had a really cool spiritual moment
as she watched the video. She explained that the day she looked it up, she
was stressed, sick, congested, her eyes were burning and the kids were
running around all crazy. But she grabbed her iPad and looked him up. And
clicked on the first video she saw. Well, as she was watching (it was a 32
min video) she said her eyes were still burning so she closed them and
listened purely to the voice of the prophet, as she did so, she explained
that her mind became focused and she was "zoomed in and spiritually attracted
to the voice". While listening she told us that her congestion went away,
the headache she had stopped, and somehow the kids stopped running around
and fell asleep. She was able to listen to the prophet fully. Everything
she heard was what she needed to, She said that, "he addressed every point I
needed to hear for my family and that I felt like he was personally talking
to me." She felt as if she was there in the room alone. Cool huh! Like wow! 

She recognized the difference and she now knows that there is a true
prophet of God!


Soccer is going crazy here, everyone and their dog is watching it or
playing it, and the district is too! Every pday, that's us! I love soccer,
it's fun to see all the little chamacitos outside kicking the ball around
and stuff, haha I love the hispanic culture!


4th of July here was great, the day for the most part was normal with some
service at the beginning of the day and later with a cool night of
fireworks with our recent converts, it was a great day and I'm blessed to
have so many loved ones near me now!


The week was overall busy and great, I love my mission and I love the
atonement and that we have aSavior, this world moves too fast. It was so
good to take a day and go to the temple, there we find peace. There, we
find our true meaning.


I love you all family and thank you for all that you do! I'll see y'all
later.


Elder Schooff










No comments:

Post a Comment