How are you all doing today? It has been a steady week here in the wonderful state of California and especially in the area of Buena Park! Perfect weather and all.
We started out like so:
As you all know Last Sunday we had a Baptism for Hma Luna! She is so awesome and I LOVE her whole family to death. It will be SO hard to say goodbye to all the families if and when I do leave this area. I love my mission. Anyway we went by their house on Monday night to talk with her and the family and to see how she feels and to give her her present. We asked, "Well hermana, how to you feel right now?" Her response was one of the sweetest and most wonderful responses I have heard in my mission. She said that Sunday night she didn't really have time to think about it because of the dinner party she had at her house with the people that went to her baptism. She said she felt good on Sunday but just couldn't process it yet. But then in the middle of telling us that, she started to just cry. Let me tell you I have NEVER seen Hma Luna cry. She told us on Monday morning that she just woke up and started to cry, she woke up and felt clean. She said for the first time in her life she was clean and that nothing in her past mattered because she knew God had forgotten it and it was a new life basically!
That was the coolest thing I have ever heard. That is the reason a missionary serves a mission. For all the hard times and the trials we have, for moments when people say "I feel clean." It was the best. I LOVE my mission.
Also this week we directed a parade in the La Palma city parade, so that was a cool, fun thing to do. Our whole zone did it!
This week also was the the Children's Program, it was simply the coolest thing ever. Very different, but very, very sweet to hear it.
I love this ward and the people in it. I can tell you every one's names now in the ward and man I might as well just move my records over here. (Would you like that dad? ;) )
Overall, this week was fantastic. Transfers are coming up and next pday is the last one of the transfer and Saturday we get calls for where we go, we are guessing I am leaving and going to a new area. This week will be so sad for me but I know Elder Creasey will make this area grow so much!!! Yesssss!!
Ok well I love you family! I'll let you know what will happen to me!
Have a great week! Yes bye!!
Elder Schooff



No comments:
Post a Comment