Ok well, this week has been full of fun and let me just say that I really do love to learn my mission more and more every day! It's so fun out here. It's pretty crazy because the mission is so small. So small, I love that because I get to see other elders and old companions all the time.
So this last week as you all know I have started to train someone again! This time for real though. We went and picked up the greenies and went rolling! My companion name is Elder Creasey! It's so cool. I LOVE to train and my companion is the best! He is so humble and has a wonderful desire to work hard too!
We have had a ton of success and it's been great. My companion totally does have that "greeny fire" and its great, we have had so many new investigators great experiences!
Speaking of one of the crazy moments we saw some ghetto stuff this week. So there is a gang in Buena Park that was pretty bad in the early 2000s. But they all went to jail for like murder or something...super sketchy. They are all out of jail now and they live inmy investigator's complex! We had a lesson and it was crazy! We are talking to our investigator and they came up and started talking to our investigator. They were super drunk and ruined the lessons and some other things happened and I was quite upset to say the least. But then that night one of them fell off the balcony and busted up his head and they all went to jail again. And our investigator is still being taught! It was an eye opener to my new companion that the mission can be ghetto. It's been a crazy week, we have seen some cool, cool things happen.
One thing I have studied this week and tried to learn was the word Murmur. Weird Right? But really, we were listening to a conference talk and it said something interesting, "If we murmur the spirit can't work in us." Simple but powerful. I love in 1 Nephi 3:6, when it says that Nephi was favored by The Lord because he didn't murmur. That he went and did those things because he had a good attitude about it. I love that, and really if we have that trust and faith in the Lord, and He will provide a way for all things, if we truly have that LOVE for The Lord and trust. We have no reason to murmur. Cool huh? I just love the gospel!
Well family it's going super good here, the ward I have is great and they are on fire with coming out with us! Woot woot!
Until next week y'all! Love ya,
Elder Schooff!
No comments:
Post a Comment